Views

Friday 13 May 2011

Sunday Snipets - A Catholic Carnival

I sometimes discover things, mostly often of a trivial nature, that I slowly grow to love or enjoy more and more; whether it's my passion for scooters, my enjoyment of video games and other technologies, my love for music music or formal shirts (oh yes), I love to learn more and more about each of the things that I develop an interest in.

However, I often find myself moaning as I flick through a piece of music manuscript or the manual of a video game or phone which I'm desperately trying to work, wondering how on earth I will ever gain a true understanding of how to play the piece properly, how to get the character to do a double jump or how to send a text message. So to me, this makes my enthusiasm for my faith seem even more strange, because...


Our faith is based entirely on scripture, the biggest instruction manual ever set down; yet, although we may be frustrated by what's layed down for us, we Catholics don't say 'Well what the heck, let's just pack it in and forget these dumb rules' - no - because our cause is greater than that, our cause will not see us rewarded by points or pointless satisfaction, our cause will see us rejoicing in heaven with all the angels and saints praising God the Father. It is this image that motivates me to get stuck in to a good Bible that has ALL 73 books, fully untouched by the schemes of a 16th century attention seeker; because, with truly complete Bible, we can feel confident in the fact that we have everything we need to know what to do. 

He, who is the Word made Flesh, has given us so many gifts, both spiritual and physical; and the Holy Bible is one of them- so cherish it, hold it close to your heart, and never forget the Love that God has promised us; the love which he gave to us, in the form of a man.

God Bless You
James


No comments:

Post a Comment